Interior Redesign for Highest Profits

Career and Business Solutions in Interior Redesign - Train with Barbara Jennings at www.Decorate-Redecorate.com, the world's leading interior redesign and home staging training center - since 1983.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Tenacity Pays Off - Or Does It?

I had a dream last night that a young man (friend of my son) had approached me about a donation to his cause. I said yes, but forgot. He reminded me. I forgot again. He reminded me again, I forgot again.

I don't know why I kept forgetting in the dream, but you know how dreams go.

Eventually it got to be annoying having him contact me and the relationship (in the dream) became strained, to say the least. Finally I refused to make a donation and he said he never wanted to see me again, where upon I woke up and rolled over and went back to sleep.

I probably had the dream because I'm in the midst of buying my daughter a new car. The salesman became a little too aggressive and I had to tell him to back off, even though I did appreciate his zeal and tenacity. He had become kind of a nuisance because some aspects to the sale were out of my ability to control.

Realize there is a fine line between being responsive to your prospect's needs and becoming a pest. You will win some and lose some. Don't become a pest in the process. You will not only lose the prospect, but any referrals that might have come your way.

On the other hand, you do have to follow up on leads and be responsive or you will lose the prospect and any referrals that might have come too.

You just need to do a great job of "listening" to what they tell you and act accordingly. When in doubt, ask the prospect what type of follow up they would like to see you give. Then everyone is happy.