Interior Redesign for Highest Profits

Career and Business Solutions in Interior Redesign - Train with Barbara Jennings at www.Decorate-Redecorate.com, the world's leading interior redesign and home staging training center - since 1983.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Displaying Good Leadership in Redesign

There are different kinds of leaders.

1) Those that lead by verbal dictate.
2) Those that lead by example.

While I'm perfectly at ease in a verbal exchange about my business and industry, I much prefer to lead by example.

When you consider that most people learn by visual stimuli, then you recognize the importance of placing something visual in front of them. Few people learn just by hearing. Why do you think every teacher you ever had made you take notes?

By writing down the concepts and by visually looking at what you wrote, your retention level was at its strongest.

So why is it that so many business people depend on auditory instruction to promote their businesses and to direct their employees?

Great CEOs and leaders should be able to build their company's product or deliver its service from the ground floor up.

That's just one of the reasons, when you call me, you will most likely find me answering the phone rather than a staff person. I want all of my clients and students to know that I'm accessible and willing to participate personally in their success or the resolution of problems.

Lead by example.