Interior Redesign for Highest Profits

Career and Business Solutions in Interior Redesign - Train with Barbara Jennings at www.Decorate-Redecorate.com, the world's leading interior redesign and home staging training center - since 1983.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Giant Key to Interior Redesign Success

I participated in a 4-way teleconference today hosted by one of the internet's largest, most prestigious companies. As a successful entrepreneur, they wanted to interview me on how I built my business and turned it into a success.

Before it was my turn, another entrepreneur was interviewed. When asked by the host how he was, however, his response was "Ok. I'm doing ok." I was shocked. I had fully expected him to answer with great enthusiasm, yet his response was mild to the point of making me wonder if something was wrong.

I therefore resolved that when I was asked how I was doing, that my response would be one of total excitement and positive statements. Alas, I didn't get asked the question.

But it made me think about how important one's attitude is and how much it contributes to one's success or failure.

Sometimes we fall into the trap of wearing our feelings on our sleeves, so to speak, in the mistaken belief that we should be "fully honest" at all times. I know I sometimes have to fight that battle myself.

But you can't afford to operate without enthusiasm. No one wants to work with or hire someone who is mildly enthused, or heaven forbid, depressed. So guard how you come across to people in a conversation, whether in person or over the phone. You will be judged by the level of your own positive statements, the tone of your voice and so much more.

Practice talking enthusiastically, even though you might not be feeling that way. You'd be surprised at how it will help your business and even pull you out of the negative state you are in at the time.